This is Module 1 of the Mindfulness in the Classroom Program
This is the first and foundation part of the Modules for the Mindfulness in the Classroom program. This comprehensive module lays the foundation of understanding and working with mindfulness through Breathwork. This module is compulsory to any of the Modules 2 to 6.
The purpose of breath work is to increase awareness and harmony in both the mind and body. The link to the body is the breath hence breathing techniques are used to reduce stress and anxiety of the mind. This course teaches you great techniques to be used especially during exam stress and academic pressures.
In this course you will learn to:
Understand the concepts of Meditation & Mindfulness
Understand the age development of children
Understand different emotional behaviours by age
Understand the 4 levels of a child’s being
Understand Pranayamas (Breathing Techniques) and their purpose
Facilitate various lesson plans
Facilitate breath work games
Benefits of Breathwork :
Develop mind awareness.
Learn how to use their minds in a healthy way.
Manage stress through breathing, awareness and meditation.
Build relaxed awareness and focus.
Increase confidence and positive self-image.
Feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group.
- What is Mindfulness
- Different types of Mindful programs
- The 4 Levels of a Childs Development
- Child Development
- The Benefits of Pranayamas (Theory & Practical)
- Curriculum Integration & Extra Income for the school
- Lesson Plans
- You will be able to facilitate one on one breath work sessions
- You will be able to facilitate classroom breath work sessions
- You will have a range of lesson plans to use as required
- You will be able to bring calm to the classroom
- You will be able to bring clam to an individual student
- You will have alternative techniques for corporal punishment
NQF Level : 5
SACE Qualification Code: PR13205
CPTD Points : 15
Services Seta Qualification Code:
SAQA ID: 252031
Total Credits: 4
Length of program:
Maximum 200 hours
eLearning : R2 200 / USD 170
South Africa Onsite : R4 950
Contact us for International Quotes
NQF Level 5
15 CPTD points
Who should sign up
Pre/Primary & High School:
Click here for eLearning